- Listing ID:
- Job Title:
- Massage Therapist
- Job Description:
Are you ready to focus on doing what you love in a place that helps you feel and deliver your best?
Work Where you can be busy all year round!
Unlike Almost Every Other Massage Business in Maine…Our's Spa is Not at all Seasonal!
We are a leader in accessible massage and skin care. As a massage therapist at our Spa, you'll join a team that's passionate about helping people feel their best through total body care. And you have a meaningful role to play in that mission as you:
- Combine your expertise and artistry along with our protocols and modalities to design customized services that meet the individual needs of each client.
- Build relationships with members and guests to help them pursue their total body care goals.
- Deliver an amazing, safe, and therapeutic experience with every service.
Here's what's in it for you:
The difference you'll make in clients' lives is the biggest reward for any massage therapist, but our environment lets you enjoy more of what you love about your work. We take care of overhead costs and supplies, marketing, and building your book of business so you can focus on performing as many massages as you want. And with the repeat clientele that our membership model provides, you'll get to see the long-term impact your services make for members.
And the perks don't stop there. We support and inspire you to be your best inside and outside the treatment room with:
- Flexible schedules. You decide how many days, how many massages you can do in a day, and how many in a row without a break. (12 hours/week minimum)
- Tuition Loan Reimbursement plan (25 hours/week full time employees)
- Paid vacation and personal days (25 hours/week employees)
- Health and Dental plan (25 hours/week employees]
- Everything that is needed at no expense to the therapists.
- Paid holidays even when we’re closed!
- Therapists are able to maintain their own private practice in addition to their time at our clinic.
- Hourly wage and higher than typical gratuities (Because we manage the process)
- Front Desk Specialists who handle all phone calls, make all appointments and help determine each client’s needs prior to the session so that you can focus on what you have been trained to do.
- Deeply discounted, massages, facials, total body stretch sessions and all retail products.
- A dedication to self-care with an education program that helps managers understand the physical impact of your work and gives you the tools to prolong the career you love.
- Continuing Education training opportunities (including 12+ free CE's every year!) that make it easy for you to stay on the cutting edge of your chosen profession.
- A commmitment to safety and providing a therapeutic, healing environment for you and members
As a team, we're committed to offering excellent professional services that help clients do more of the things they love. Your role and the work you do every day is at the very heart of our mission. This includes:
Performing quality, therapeutic bodywork that meets clients' needs within scope of practice and licensing guidelines as applicable in our state.
- Customizing massage services within our policies, protocols, and approved modalities to craft truly personalized sessions.
- Safeguarding the client experience, maintaining client confidentiality and upholding our commitment to safety.
- Embracing our core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
- Protecting our workplace culture by recognizing and supporting team goals and building positive relationships with team members.
- and guests.
We only succeed together, so we're looking for people with the passion and experience to be amazing. Those who thrive in this role are:
- Well-skilled professionals who have a minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school under their belts and a certificate of completion. You'll also need to meet the licensing requirements for massage therapy in our state and be able to pass a background and reference check with flying colors.
- Thirsty for knowledge, seeking continuing education to build on their modality mastery (which must include Swedish and deep tissue massage)
- Clear communicators who can effectively identify each client's needs, set clear expectations, and stay connected to the client throughout the session to achieve the goals of each service.
- Total body care champions who can recommend follow-up visits and additional services and products as needed to help clients pursue their wellness goals.
- Great teammates who show up on time ready to jump in wherever needed to get the job done.
We Believe Our Differences Make Us Better
We're excited to hear from everyone with the skills, experience, and passion to do a great job regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're ready to bring your healing skills to a place where you can focus on doing what you love, we can't wait to meet you.
- Listing Type:
- Compensation Model:
- Hourly / FT
- Job Setting:
- Day Spa
- Health, Dental, Vacation/Holiday/Personal Days, Tuition Reimbursement. Flexible scheduling.
- South Portland